Who could ever get this famous theme song to cartoon show The Jetson’s out of their head? http://bit.ly/1IBR6fN Meet George Jetson . . . His boy Elroy . . . daughter Judy . . . . Jane his wife. Do you remember watching this funny cartoon show as a kid and wondering in the year 2062 if any of this would actually become a reality? We are only in the year 2015, and many of those childhood fantasies are now a reality of our day to day lives. Here are six ways we are starting to live like the Jetson’s.
- Face Time- Remember when Jane Jetson would have those calls with her friends so they could see each other before they went out to the shopping mall? Well, in today’s world we have Apple’s Face Time, Skype, Go to Meeting, and now Periscope. You can pretty much see anybody, anywhere, anytime through the click of a button.
- Flying Saucers- Most of you probably remember how badly you wanted to hop into those flying saucers and get dropped out like Elroy did to the Little Dipper school. While there are test pilots going on now with real man made flying devices, the recent explosion of drone devices tells us we aren’t that far away from these personal flying devices like the Jetson’s had in the cartoon show.
- Do It All On Your Watch- With the recent launch of the Apple watch, what is it that we can’t do on our watches today? In fact, the technology that exists today far supersedes what the Jetson’s had in mind. They never even pondered the idea of e-mail, websurfing, or Facebooking, let along watching TV.
- Personal Robots- Even if you remember watching Rocky III and seeing the personal robot they bought for Paulie, the evolution of the personal robot is growing rapidly as our technology advances. Nobody can forget Rosie the robot, and how we relished the idea of a robot just bringing us over our drink or our meals.
- Personal Cleaning Devices- Do you remember the neat little contraption on the Jetson’s where a device rolled along the floor and cleaned up spills and messes. Didn’t you think that was great when a piece of your TV dinner fell on the floor? Don’t you wish you had one of those devices to make the messes go away? Now, we have dozens of devices such as www.irobot.com that will do the trick.
- Electronic Newspapers- Who needs to read the physical newspaper anymore? We read many of our favorite newspapers and magazines online, let alone the information you glean from places such as LinkedIn. Boy, did it sure look great for George Jetson when he kicked back in his favorite chair.
As technology evolves, we may be living just like the Jetson’s did by the year 2062… or even sooner. What is the technology you remember most from the Jetson’s that we use today?