It’s Monday and officially tax day. Some of us will be running out as late as 11:59 p.m. tonight to the post office to make sure our taxes are post marked on time. I suppose if you get a refund, tax day feels like a good day, however if you owe money it can feel as if you got pick-pocketed right outside of work. Now, some of you have been done for weeks and will just listen with amusement to the madness as a few of your colleagues scramble to finish everything today, April 15th. But, not all is lost as tax day also brings us some amazing deals. Here are five tax day deals you should look at this morning to see if you can make the most out of your day!
- FREE Cinnabon Bites– There are quite a few desserts that just seem necessary to indulge in from time to time. Every time I walk into the food court of the local mall, I am immediately reminded of the Tom & Jerry cartoons I watched as kid. Whenever Cinnabon pumps that enticing Cinnamon smell into the air, I just want to float away into the air until I’m sitting down with a fork, knife, and a Cinnabon treat. If you go to http://on.fb.me/113ByOl you can see a coupon for two FREE Cinnabon bites from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. today.
- FREE AMC Popcorn– If you had to pay the IRS and are having a really bad day, maybe it’s time to check out a movie this afternoon or evening to wind down. If you go to http://bit.ly/YledJe, you can pick up a coupon for one small FREE popcorn at AMC theaters. Perhaps catch one of the Academy Award nominated movies or rather check out something completely different currently playing in theaters.
- FREE Copy Of Your Tax Return– The real deal isn’t actually the copy of the tax return. Office Depot will allow you to shred up to five pounds of paper for FREE if you bring it in to their store. If you are making effort to get rid of some of those old bags or boxes of paper, simply click this coupon at http://bit.ly/12MVo42 to also be able to get a FREE copy of your tax return, up to 25 pages. It’s a neat promotion for them to get you in the store to buy some more supplies, but you can shred away five pounds without any added cost!
- Cut The Cup By 50%– I’m not positive that I can get into a Frito chili cheese hot dog (although I haven’t tried one), but the folks at SONIC have decided to make a tax day happy hour of their own. You can check out the promotion at http://www.sonicdrivein.com/i/TaxDay, but you won’t need a coupon to get 50% off of teas and slushes all day! This won’t take a big bite out of your tax refund and will probably be better than hitting a real happy hour.
- FREE Arby’s Curly Fries– I guess if you are in the mood for the ‘Good Mood Food’, tax day might be the day to go hit the Arby’s drive-thru. The good folks at Arby’s realize that tax day can be a stressful day, so what better way to give yourself a treat than a FREE order of curly fries. Simply go to http://on.fb.me/15ev2bY and print out the coupon to get the deal on this tax day! You can get a potato cake instead of curly fries, but a potato cake doesn’t really sound all that appetizing to me.
Who says tax day can’t be fun? It’s that time of year when we reflect on how hard we work only to have so much taken out of our paychecks. There are more tax day deals, but in Los Angeles and San Francisco the fine people over at Trojan felt that it would be a good tax day idea to push around ‘pleasure carts’ and give away free Trojan vibrators if you tell them you’ve filed your taxes. But act fast! Because, it is only available as long as supplies last. My guess is that they’ll all be gone before the time you finish reading this article! In the meantime, go out and grab the other FREE deals and enjoy this year’s April 15th tax day!
CFP®, AAMS®, AWMA®, CRPC®, CMFC®, CRPS®
Editor in Chief of Your Smart Money Moves
Co-CEO and Founder of oXYGen Financial, Inc – The Leaders in Gen X & Y Financial Advice and Services
Ted Jenkin is one of the foremost knowledgeable professionals in giving financial advice to the X and Y Generation.
Find us on Facebook here – CLICK CLICK