For most of the country, people think about McDonald's, Burger King, and Wendy's when it comes to eating fast food. If you get out to the West Coast, they talk about In-N-Out Burger, Whataburger in Texas, and of course in the South nothing compares to the best fast-food operation (my opinion) in the country than Chick-fil-A. It's hard to remember the last time I heard of anyone having a bad experience at Chick-fil-A. Whether you love their delectable chicken nuggets, dipping in the Chick-fil-A sauce, or you just crave some waffle fries, Chick-fil-A is the true staple of fast food in Atlanta. Even nationwide, Chick-fil-A has maintained its position as America's favorite restaurant for eight years in a row, according to the American Customer Satisfaction Index (ACSI). That's why we felt it was important to bring you the changes that are coming to the program because you might want to look at what you do with your points over the next few days and how you will build them in the future.
On April 4, you can expect the Chick-fil-A Rewards program to add even more ways to use your rewards points. Here's what you can get and their cash-back reward value:
- 500 points ($50 spent): Free large Waffle Fry (reg. $3.09) — 6.2% cash back.
- 600 points ($60 spent): 5-count Nugget (reg. $3.40) — 5.7% cash back.
- 600 points ($60 spent): 2-count Chicken Strips (reg. $3.85) — 6.4% cash back.
- 700 points ($70 spent): Sausage Biscuit (reg. $4.25) — 6.1% cash back.
- 800 points ($80 spent): 5-count Grilled Nugget (reg. $3.90) — 4.9% cash back.
- 1,200 points ($120 spent): Bowl of Chicken Noodle Soup (reg. $6.39) — 5.3% cash back.
- 2,500 points ($250 spent): Any Meal (reg. $12.99) — 5.2% cash back.
Some new rewards will be locked behind memberships that'll require you to hit a certain tier before redeeming your rewards (see tip #4). Here are the rewards that you can get:
- Red Members can spend 1,200 points ($120 spent) to get a Kid's Meal (reg. $7.09) — 5.9% cash back.
- Signature Members can spend 3,000 points ($300 spent) to get a 30-count Grilled Nugget platter (reg. $21.95) — 7.3% cash back.
- Signature Members can spend 3,000 points ($300 spent) to get a gallon of Sunjoy (reg. $10.50) — 3.5% cash back.
Earn Chick-fil-A rewards faster once you hit 1,000 points.
The more you use the Chick-fil-A app, the quicker you'll earn points (and free Chick-fil-A food items). You start out at 10 points per $1 spent until you earn 1,000 total points. (That doesn't mean you have to have 1,000 points in your account; it means that you've earned those points within a year.)
After the first 1,000 points, here's what happens:
- Silver Membership Level (1,000 - 4,999 total points): Earn 11 points per $1 spent; you must spend at least $100 to earn this.
- Red Membership Level (5,000 - 9,999 total points): Earn 12 points per $1 spent; you must spend at least $464 to earn this.
- Signature Membership Level (10,000+ total points): Earn 13 points per $1 spent; you must spend at least $881 to earn this.
Get a free Chocolate Chunk Cookie as a Chick-fil-A birthday reward.
When you download the Chick-fil-A app, make sure you tap the "Account" button to add your birth date. Once your big day comes, you'll get a Chick-fil-A birthday reward for a free cookie (worth about $1.69) or ice cream (worth about $1.89) that you can use on a mobile order or in store. The offer is good for a month.
Silver members have access to the same options and a milkshake (regularly $4.85) or a frosted lemonade (regularly $4.75). Red members gain access to a free chicken sandwich (regularly $5.29) or nuggets (regularly $5.39).
Save 16% on a fried chicken club using some creative ordering.
While a Grilled Chicken Club costs about $8.85, you can create your own version for cheaper. Just order the Original Chicken Sandwich (the fried version) and add bacon, cheese, lettuce, and tomato for a total of $7.39. Healthier? No. More delicious and easier on the wallet? Yes.
Does Chick-fil-A Have A Secret Menu? You Betcha!!!!
A lot of people online ask, "Is there a Chick-fil-A secret menu?" The answer is yes … but only if you know how to order. Employees will give you weird looks if you ask for a grilled cheese, but if you order a toasted bun with cheese (and toasted again with the cheese inside), you'll get a grilled cheese sammy for only $1.70!
Here are some more of the most popular Chick-fil-A secret menu items:
- Chick-fil-A Root Beer Float ($3.68): Order a small root beer and a kid's-size ice cream.
- Chick-fil-A BLT ($3.70): Order a toasted bun with bacon, lettuce, and tomato.
- Chick-fil-A Arnold Palmer ($4.48): Fill a cup with half lemonade and half iced tea. Add kid's-size ice cream.