There are still some people who are avoiding the whole game of social media. They don’t quite get Twitter or have no interest in Facebook. In fact, even if they are in the business community they haven’t added their entire professional summary to LinkedIn. If the whole idea of social media hasn’t garnered your attention, perhaps the notion of putting some dollars in your pocket would be more intriguing. Here are my five smart money moves on how social media can help you make some cash.
- Coupons and Deals- If you “follow” the financial people who are ‘frugal’ or cheap on social media websites like Twitter, you can get great advice on coupons, deals, and savings ideas. Getting these deals just in time can even give you ideas on weekend events where you can receive discounts to places like fairs and festivals.
- Job Opportunities- Being in relevant groups and paying attention to discussions may help you land your next greatest job opportunity. At some point in your career, you may find yourself looking for a way to advance up the ladder or to just work for a company that you think has a ton of upside potential.
- Newsfeeds- Having a good newsfeed using an app such as Flipboard can keep you up to date with any type of news; from changing tax laws to Obamacare. Because you can sort and search on the news information that is important to you, Flipboard can actually help you prioritize the news so you never fall behind.
- Referrals- If you are on a social media site like Facebook, it’s as easy as asking your friends, “Who do you recommend for a plumber?” Before you know it, you’ll have lots of comments and links to locate a person that the community trusts and likes. This could save you time and money.
- Traffic- If you have an app such as Waze or even follow information on the major social media websites, you may be able to avoid traffic by just checking it via social media. When we recently had Snowmageddon, I ended up staying at my office because all the news on social media told me to stay off the road.
These are just five of my smart money move tips for making money or saving time on social media. How do you use social media to make money?
Written by: Ted Jenkin
Request a FREE consultation: www.oxygenfinancial.net