One of the reasons I love having clients is that I get to meet all kinds of different business owners. There are those that have been entrepreneurs for their whole lives and others who woke up one day with a dream of creating a product that could change the face of an industry. Now that it is holiday time, I thought I would share with you some stocking stuffers and other gift ideas that you won’t see on mainstream lists and items that will leave your family quizzing you on how exactly you found that item. Just say you heard about it on YourSmartMoneyMoves and enjoy these five gift ideas for the holidays.
- Pet Applause (http://etsy.me/1A1klG2)- Cindy Patrick has come up with a truly genius idea in the card and memory book business for pets. Aren’t you sick and tired of the same old thank you cards? If you are a pet lover, you will love her ‘Thank You Furry Much’ cards and her congratulations cards you can send out when someone gets a new dog or cat. One of the best products from Pet Applause for dog and cat lovers are the memory books. They look and feel much like a baby book, but are especially designed for dogs or cats.
- Eduwear (www.eduwearonline.com)- Nikki Mace came up with an incredible concept that allows young children to learn in exciting ways directly through wearing their clothes. Eduwear™ sells all kinds of products, but there are cool shirts to help kids learn how to tell time, learn their primary colors, and explain the weather. You will fall in love with the one shirt that allows children to explain their mood for the day. (Maybe we need these as adults as wellJ).
- First Shot Jewelry (http://etsy.me/1tAdjT0)- George Emmert came up with a brilliant idea. He specializes in using old bullet shells to create some unbelievably cool customized jewelry. Last year, I purchased 25 of his bullet shell money clips that went over as a huge hit with friends and family. George has bullet shell earrings for women, cufflinks for men, and even a sterling silver ring with a bullet shell head stamp.
- Erin Ashley Art (http://erinashleyart.com/)- One of my clients introduced me to this artist and you can create a custom piece of art at an extremely reasonable budget. What makes Erin’s art unique is the really intricate way she uses wire, stenciling, and layering to make a contemporary modern art piece on a lower priced budget. Look at this RELAX piece below for just $289.
- Vaccaros Pastry– (www.vaccarospastry.com) – This won’t be a stocking stuffer or something to open up under the tree, but this gift would be a really cool one if you plan to go to someone’s home for the holidays. Vaccaros will dry ice out 12 cannoli shells and the cannoli paste directly shipped anywhere in the US. This will be much better than a bottle of wine or store bought pie. It might cost a few more bucks, but you will be the hit of the holiday dinner.
YourSmartMoneyMoves readers know how much I detest getting gift cards during the holiday season. Check out these five unique holiday gift giving ideas as a change of pace from the same old gifts people give each other every year.